Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Lunchies Week of 2.25

Here are #1's lunches from this week.  You might wonder why I'm posting the weeks lunches already, well #1 only goes to school Monday and Wednesday and I am a huge proponent of making lunches the night before.  Thus, by Tuesday evening I'm done making lunches for the week and since the winter session of tennis is over 21 hours until my week is over and my extended weekend begins.  You know, because weekends exist when you have kids!

Monday


As always I have stuck to my usual formula: a sandwich and dairy item in the main compartment, fruit in the larger side compartment, and some sort of tummy filler/carb item in the smaller side compartment.

This lunch has a blueberry Gogurt and a Smiley face egg salad sandwich.  I allowed #1 to choose her carb and the only choices were PB Cheerios or Annies snack mix (DH bought this and for some reason neither girl is a fan, which I totally do not understand.  Pretzels and cheese crackers, what's not to like).  She went with the Cheerios.  Her fruit is apples.  Both kids hate the skin on the apples so I always peel it off or it doesn't get eaten.  This is the first time I have included apples and probably the last as they only sat in the container for the time it took to make the egg salad (no more than 25 minutes) and they looked horrible.  But, even after I saw this I kept them in there as it was Sunday night-the time of the week when we have the least food in the house as I go shopping Mondays at 9 AM.  And, of course, a bottle of water.  Even though, I didn't love this lunch, at least how it looked, when I picked #1 up from school that afternoon her teacher went on and on about how Jema couldn't get enough of her lunch and devoured it in a matter of minutes.

Wednesday


Grandpa Z came for an overnight visit and of course he always brings treats and most of what is in this lunch.
Goober and Grape (strawberry) PB&J crown sandwich.  Generally, a product I would never buy, but he took #1 to the store today and she picked it out and it's what she wanted.  String cheese, grapes, and Annies whole wheat crackers (also brought over by Z).  These I tasted and they taste like bunny shaped Wheat Thins.  And the bottle of water that usually comes home with only a few sips taken from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment