Wednesday, February 27, 2013

No Fry Zone Eggplant Parm

This is a variation of eggplant parm that my neighbor makes.  Both she and her husband are vegiterians and have made this for us and I loved it was a no fry recipe.  I hate frying things, it's so unhealthy, and I always love doing a lighter version of things.

Baked Eggplant Parm

1 Eggplant
1/4 Cup Olive Oil
1 Cup Italian Seasoned Bread Crumbs
1/2 Jar Tomato Sauce
Parm Cheese


First wash your eggplant.  I'm not sure if this step is necessary but for some reason I like to do it and eel a quick rinse helps to clean it off a little bit.  Next you will want to slice your eggplant as thin as you can. I do this by hand and generally my slices are about 1/4" thick.  The thinner they are the crispier they will be when they come out of the oven, but after you bake everything together you generally loose crispiness anyway.


Next, brush olive oil on each slide of a slice of eggplant and dip into the bread crumbs.  Do this for each slice.


Place each slice on a baking sheet.  I prefer to have my baking sheets covered in foil for easy clean up and also spray the foil with cooking spray to prevent any sticking that could occur.


Bake for 20 minutes or until they begin to crisp up, at 400 degrees flipping each slice over about halfway through.


After they come out of the oven take a loaf pan (of course, foiled and sprayed) and beginning assembly.

 

 



To prevent further sticking, and add flavor, pour a bit of sauce on the bottom of the pan.  Then begin assembly: Eggplant slices, sauce, parm cheese until the pan is filled.  Cover with Foil to bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.



No comments:

Post a Comment