Thursday, February 21, 2013

Garlic Bread Pull-Apart Grands

I have been trying to make a point to use more coupons lately and have been getting them through this site I use called Inboxdollars.com.  On this website you can get paid to take surveys and if you print your coupons through them they will give you $.10 for each coupon you use through them.  This has also led me to use coupons that I might not normally clip.  I'm generally not a huge Pillsbury bread person but I will buy them from time to time to make a special treat for everyone.  I recently came across a coupon for $.40 off when you buy two Pillsbury Grands or Sweet Rolls.  This combined with double couponing and a sale that week on Pillsbury I deviated from my normal shopping items and bought a container of cinnabuns (featured here)
and one container of Grands.  I have had this tube of Grands sitting in my fridge for almost two weeks trying to decide what to do with it when the other night I was making Italian chicken (boneless/skinless breasts marinated in Olive Garden's Italian dressing) with a salad when I decided I needed something else to go with it.  I didn't want to just make the Grands and trying to stick with my Italian theme wanted to do a garlic bread sort of thing with them.  I spent maybe 20 minutes searching for a recipe and really could not come up with much until I found a picture of them in a bunt pan on Pinterest but every link for them I clicked on took me nowhere.  So using several pictures and their descriptions I found via the search feature I put together this recipe.  Keep in mind as reading this that I rarely measure and prefer to eyeball things so these measurements are estimates and you should use your own discression.  If you don't love garlic, don't put as much or if you love it put more, etc.

Garlic Bread Pull-Apart Grands

Tube of Grands
1/2 Stick of Butter
1/4 Parm Cheese
2 TspGarlic Powder
3 Cloves Fresh Garlic
2 Tsp Onion Powder
Salt
1/4 Cup Pizza Cheese


Preheat the oven to 350 and also to save time I put the bunt pan in there for 10 minutes while the oven was heating up so it would be warm enough for me to throw my butter into and it would melt faster.


While the preheating was going on in a mixing bowl combine all ingredients except the butter and the grands. I hate cutting garlic-it makes my hands sticky and smelly and also requires me to dirty (and wash) and knife and cutting board.  This is a trick I have seen Rachel Ray do and I love it.  Peel the clove and just grate it!  I do this right into the pan or in this case the bowl.  Give the ingredients a quick stir to just combine everything.


Next take your Grands and quarter them.  This was a great task for #1 to as she LOVES to help and can handle a butter knife.  Once all of the biscuits are quartered throw them into the bowl of garlic and cheese and toss to coat them.  Also, by this point your oven should be heated, your pan warmed, and you butter that is in it melted.  I swirled the pan around a bit to spread the butter and help prevent sticking.


Throw all of the pieces into the buttered bunt pan and then pour the remaining garlic/cheese mixture over the top.  I baked these for about 20 minutes (in the same oven with my chicken) and when I pulled them out they  looked done but when I pulled a piece off it was not quite there yet.  I would say probably 25 minutes would be sufficient but since DH was running late I just turned my oven off and let them sit in there until he got home 10 minutes later.


I flipped it out of the pan onto a plate.


I would say it is definitely not the prettiest thing in the world but it tasted delicious and would also make a great appetizer since it pulls apart so easily and would be awesome dipped in marinara sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment